OPW Heritage Sites that are open for Cocooners during COVID-19.
The government has decided that, as of midnight on Wednesday 21 October, all of Ireland was to be placed on Level 5 of the Plan for Living with COVID. All indoor OPW Heritage sites were closed.
Outdoor playgrounds, play areas and parks all remain open with protective measures in place, as do the outdoor spaces at some National Monuments.
Gardens are open for people who are cocooning including the over-70s and the medically vulnerable. The following OPW sites have been reserved between 10am and 1pm for people who are cocooning. This includes the over-70s and the medically vulnerable.
Gardens are open between 10am – 1pm for people who are cocooning including the over-70s.’
Site Location – Reserved Area:
- Battle of the Boyne, Co. Meath – Walled Garden
- Emo Court, Co. Laois – Formal Gardens
- Fota Arboretum, Co. Cork – Pleasure Garden and Walled Garden
- Irish National War Memorial Gardens, Islandbridge, Dublin – Rose Garden
- Iveagh Gardens, Dublin – Full Garden
- Kilkenny Castle, Co. Kilkenny – Rose Garden
- Phoenix Park, Dublin – Visitor Centre Walled Garden
- St. Enda’s Park, Rathfarnham – Walled Garden
A walk in nice surrounds will keep you well and offer a great way to look after your mental health and wellbeing.
For more information visit: www.heritageireland.ie